Are you a ninja Wordpress developer and a creative problem solver? Can you create Wordpress plugins, themes, and templates — plus integrate with other 3rd party services via the Wordpress REST API? Do you have the vision to transform a basic sketch or wireframe into a digital consumer experience? Can you scale Wordpress to handle heavy viral traffic?
If you're ready to produce stunning websites and micro-sites for some of the biggest consumer brands and most innovative startups in the world — plus our own external and internal web and mobile platforms — you may be our next Wordpress Developer (who we call a "development hacker").
We are a small team of world-class creatives who love to take on big challenges for the chance to reap even bigger successes. As a vital member of our web development team, you'll have a huge impact in crafting the digital presence of both PR Hacker and our clients. If you're aching to flex your creative and coding muscles, A/B test the effectiveness of your creations, and optimize the results, we want you to join us.
- Imagine, design, and build front-end and back-end Wordpress projects for us and our clients
- Collaborate with design and copy teams to translate campaigns and activations into optimized web elements -- including websites, micro-sites, landing pages, and forms
- Use Wordpress to power mobile apps using frameworks like Phonegap and Apppresser
- Regularly update, maintain, and troubleshoot problems on existing Wordpress sites
- Integrate with third-party APIs (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Zapier)
- Develop internal PR Hacker web-based dashboards and client portals
- Implement UX designs that meet business objectives and user needs
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients regarding technical questions and timelines
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- Degree in computer science, web development, or related field
- 3+ years Wordpress development experience
- Experience with mobile and responsive web design
- Ability to hand-code Wordpress sites that are well structured, clean, and semantic
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
Location and Hours:
- This is a full-time position for those who wish to work from home or from a coworking office.
- You will occasionally visit our San Francisco office for special training or ideation sessions.
- Experience with Segment.io and Customer.io
- Experience with creating a third-party API
- Knowledge of node.js
- Knowledge of Drupal and other CMS systems
- Understanding of best practices for Search Engine Optimization
- Understanding of web interface and UX design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with responsive email development
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile development
About PR Hacker:
We’re not a traditional PR firm. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach. If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the variety of client work that comes from a top agency, then you've come to the right place.
At PR Hacker, we're also a close-knit family. Our team of world-class writers, communicators, storytellers, data wranglers, and viral marketers feels like the early days of Facebook or Google... we're a rocket ship taking flight and we'd love to have you join us for the ride.