Does your diverse visual arts background give you the flexibility to design anything from infographics to intricate hand illustrations? Are you a creative thinker who likes to experiment and iterate quickly? Can you create compelling visual imagery that will delight clients and tell great stories? Would you love to have your work viewed and shared by millions of people around the world?
If you're ready for some of the most creative and challenging work of your career, you might be a great fit as a Graphic & Visual Designer (who we call a "visual arts hacker").
This position is unique because of the wide variety of graphic work that you'll do, the emphasis on data-driven and strategic thinking, and the scope for you to drive creative decisions at senior levels. Our work is more than pretty pictures—it communicates powerful ideas that emotionally connect with our audience and drives results for our clients.
- Create interesting and beautiful infographics based on survey data and market research
- Conceptualize, storyboard, and draft compelling visual narratives for clients
- Edit and enhance photos and graphics for social media posting
- Collaborate with copywriters and video editors to storyboard multi-faceted campaign ideas
- Develop illustrative graphics for creative concept and sales pitch decks
- Create marketing materials for company and client promotions
- Develop viral and shareable visual content for use online and in apps
- Create quick-sketch illustrations for pitch decks and live speaking events
- Develop user interface designs for websites and mobile apps
- Create fun visual content for our internal NationalToday.com holiday + brand platform
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- 3+ years professional graphic design experience for an agency or in-house at a major brand
- Strategic understanding of marketing and client business goals
- Deep knowledge of typography, visual theory, color theory, and composition
- Experience with and enthusiasm for data visualization and infographics
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to quickly hand sketch people, animals, cartoons, icons, and wireframes
- Ability to retouch photos and modify stock photography
- Skill with a camera (still photography or video)
- Skill with animation or motion graphics
- High proficiency as an illustrator or cartoonist (including digitizing sketches)
- A portfolio of past work that makes our collective jaws drop
About PR Hacker:
We’re not a traditional PR firm. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach. If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the variety of client work that comes from a top agency, then you've come to the right place.
At PR Hacker, we're also a close-knit family. Our San Francisco-based team of world-class writers, communicators, storytellers, designers, data wranglers, developers, and viral marketers feels like the early days of Facebook or Google... we're a rocketship and we'd love to have you join us for the ride.
PR Hacker Perks:
- Startup Environment – We're quick with a joke and it feels like family.
- Loft-Style Office – Cook some lunch in the kitchen, chill on the deck.
- Fridge and Pantry – Stay fueled with weekly deliveries of the good stuff.
- Health + Dental + Optical Benefits – We care about your wellness and want to help.
- 401k Plan — We match your retirement contributions.
- Personal Development – We'll help you become the best version of yourself.
- Work Hard, Play Hard – Life's too short not to have a good time.