Are you a “people person” who loves growing your network? Are you an email and social media lover who is connected 24/7? Are you committed to becoming the next up-and-coming PR superstar? Can you think both strategically and creatively? Are you eager to learn what makes content go viral at the world’s most disruptive PR, digital, and influencer agency?
If so, you might make a fantastic Account Associate (who we call a "publicity hacker") on the fast-track to success.
We’re a small team, but we’re growing fast. Join us now, and you’ll have the rare, career-changing opportunity to make a difference on day one — and rise through the ranks at lightning speed. If you’re ready to hit the ground running, show us your stuff, and learn more than you ever have before, we want to meet you.
- Identify, sort, prioritize, and respond to daily media inquiries and requests
- Daily pitching of journalists using cutting-edge tools and technology
- Prepare daily media monitoring reports for clients
- Conduct weekly competitive industry intelligence reports
- Blog writing for clients for online and print publications
- Use proprietary systems to send targeted media pitches
- Create analytical reports featuring mass media, social media, and SEO impact
- Help maintain media contact databases and systems
- Monitor social media sentiment for key clients
- Coordinate campaigns with key influencers and tastemakers
- Social media content management and viral growth work
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Media Studies, or a related field
- 2+ years relevant work experience, preferably at an agency (PR agency, ad agency, digital agency), in-house at a major brand, or as a journalist
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly and efficiently
- High attention to detail and ability to think two steps ahead
- Ability to focus and get things done while juggling a wide range of tasks
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic, with a solid work ethic and pop culture savvy
- When you see a challenge, you think “bring it on!”
- A love of blogging or other types of writing
- Experience with writing and publishing content on Wordpress
- Other creative skills like photography or fiction writing
About PR Hacker:
We’re not a traditional PR firm. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach. If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the variety of client work that comes from a top agency, then you've come to the right place.
At PR Hacker, we're also a close-knit family. Our San Francisco and New York-based teams of world-class writers, communicators, storytellers, data wranglers, and viral marketers feels like the early days of Facebook or Google... we're a rocket ship taking flight and we'd love to have you join us for the ride.
PR Hacker Perks:
- Startup Environment – We're quick with a joke and it feels like family.
- Loft-Style Office – Cook some lunch in the kitchen, chill on the deck.
- Fridge and Pantry – Stay fueled with weekly deliveries of the good stuff.
- Health + Dental Benefits – We care about your wellness and want to help.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – We match your retirement contributions so you can save more.
- Continuing Education Benefits – Stay on the top of the your field with the latest training.
- Commuter Benefits – Receive special benefits for those using public transportation to commute.
- Personal Development – We'll help you become the best version of yourself.
- Work Hard, Play Hard – Life's too short not to have a good time.